Since you have a projector, you must be looking for directions to connect it with your MacBook Air. You can use different compatible sources to connect both devices, and the process is simple.
Here we will discuss how to connect MacBook Air to the projector as it is the easiest and reliable means to link both devices. Many modern projectors offer a USB port; you only need to know the method and get the correct cable.
Without further ado, let’s see how we can use a USB cable to share the MacBook Air display with the projector screen.
As you know what a projector is. Its connectivity to a computer is necessary, and if you have a MacBook, then no need to worry. We will explain to you the most manageable steps to connect your MacBook to your projector. These steps are as follows:
How to Connect Macbook Air to Projector – Steps
- Turns on the projector by plugging it into an electrical outlet.
- Also, turn on your MacBook or MacBook pro.
- For MacBook, take a MacBook adapter cable (adapter depends on video input of computer) and from projector connect the video cable usually an HDMI or VGA to the MacBook or MacBook pro.
- Once both are connected, click the Apple menu present on the top left corner of your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, click the system preferences.
- Now select the displays icon.
- When you see displays windows, then select the detect displays option.
- At this time, your projector and MacBook or MacBook Pro will connect.
If in case your MacBook is not connected to the projector, then use these steps after step number 6:
- When you see display windows, choose the arrangement tab present on the menu bare.
- On the window’s lower-left corner, check the mirror displays box.
- Wait for few seconds after checking this box.
- When the windows mirror, you would see the same image of your MacBook and projector.
HOW TO CONNECT MACBOOK AIR TO PROJECTOR USING USB
Firstly, let’s look at some consequences of connecting your MacBook Air to a projector via USB.
We will find that this provides us with the facility of using the remote control on the projector. Hence, you can move anywhere in the room away from your MacBook Air and still control your presentation progress.
Following are the step that will help you to connect your MacBook Air to the projector using USB:
- You need to turn off your projector and MacBook Air.
- Now connect one end of the USB cable to the MacBook Air’s USB port and the other end to the projector’s USB port present on its backside.
- Turn on your MacBook Air and projector.
- Now your MacBook Air is successfully connected to the projector. By using a remote, you can control the activities on the screen.
Note: Using a USB to connect your MacBook Air to the projector will not support the video input. So, you must use a video adapter and secure it on the MacBook Air DYI port and connect the video cable to the video port of the projector.
HOW TO CONNECT MACBOOK AIR TO PROJECTOR WIRELESSLY
As technologies have the time of its emergence are progressing daily, everything is now modified to its best ability and provides convenience to its users.
Initially, it seems to be impossible to connect a projector to a MacBook wirelessly.
Many companies are still providing this facility to connect a projector without any wire to your MacBook. So, suppose you have a MacBook Air running on the version of the mountain line. In that case, you can easily connect a wireless system projector to your MacBook Air but using an Apple TV unit.
Casio and Panasonic are two prominent names that offer wireless projectors. Both have slightly different steps for their connection to MacBook Air.
TO CONNECT CASIO PROJECTOR TO MACBOOK AIR
It needs the following simple steps:
- In your MacBook Air optical drive, insert the CD-ROM that comes with the Casio projector.
- Then follow the prompts on the screen and install wireless connection three software.
- Keep your press on the INPUT button on the projector until WIRELESS emerges on the screen.
- On your MacBook Air, install a wireless connection 3.
- Using the manual guide that comes with the Casio projector, obtain the code for login, and enter the code on the screen, which is required to connect with the projector.
TO CONNECT PANASONIC PROJECTOR TO MACBOOK AIR
Following steps are required to connect a Panasonic projector to MacBook Air:
- First, install the software called the wireless manager ME 5.5 that comes with this Panasonic projector.
- Then turn on the Panasonic projector.
- On your MacBook, install the wireless manager ME application.
- When the screen prompts input a username, enter your name and press OK. This application will then scan the projector within its range.
- Choose your projector in the given list and select the connect button.
- Press YESon the confirmation dialogue, which switches it to the Panasonic projector’s wireless connection.
- On the Network adapter selection, click on the AIRPORT and then OK.
- Enter the required administration password of your MacBook and press OK to finalize the connection between your MacBook Air and projector.
MACBOOK PRO WON’T DISPLAY ON PROJECTOR
If you are having trouble regarding the display of your MacBook Pro on a projector, then there are simple solutions that would aid in solving this issue:
- First, try to redirect the display on the MacBook Pro by pressing F7. In case your function keys are customized, then press Fn+F7.
- Go to SYSTEM PREFERENCES —-> DISPLAYS —-> ARRANGEMENT. After that, select the option that says,”MIRROR DISPLAYS.”
- Now on whatever the projector is, set the resolution.
To detect the other external devices or television, hold the command X key and click the F2 key. On system preferences, you can also open the display’s pane and select DETECT DISPLAYS button.
MACBOOK AIR PROJECTOR DISPLAY SETTINGS
The display settings of the MacBook Air are not very tricky and understand by the user without feeling any trouble. The following steps will help you to understand the display settings of MacBook Air:
- On the left corner towards the top of your screen, click the APPLE icon.
- Then choose system preferences.
- Click displays.
- Select the arrangement tab.
- For using a projector as a secondary display, first uncheck the box of mirror display, and, in the arrangement, window drag the displays.
- To make a copy or duplicate of the content from your MacBook Air onto the projector, check the box of mirror displays.
How do I project my MacBook Air to a projector?
- Turn on the projector and MacBook Air.
- Connect a video cable to the projector and MacBook Air.
- Once they are connected, select the Apple icon on the screen.
- Choose the displays icon.
How do I connect my MacBook Air to a projector with HDMI?
Connect the projector that has the HDMI connector. Take the HDMI cable of the device and insert it on the HDMI port of the MacBook Air.
Why is my MacBook not connecting to the projector?
- Try to use a different adapter or different display.
- Also, try a different cable that is working correctly.
- Be sure that you are taking the correct cable, and for that, check the manufacturer of the display.
- Restart the MacBook with a connected display.
How do I connect my laptop to a projector with HDMI?
- Turn on the system and select the suitable button on a laptop.
- Connect the cable of HDMI to the HDMI port of the laptop.
- For the HDMI adapter, plug the adapter in your laptop, and on the other end of the cable, connect the provided cable.
- Turn your laptop on.
How do I get my computer to display on a projector?
- Keep a hold of the windows logo key present on the keyboard.
- Press on “P” to bring the projector screen up.
- Press DUPLICATE to share the image on the projector and computer.
- Now select EXTEND for extending the image on the projector.
Connecting two devices have never been easy. There are different relevant cables that you can use to connect your projector with the MacBook Pro. Here I have discussed Using the USB cable that almost every projector offers you for a convenient connection. You can follow the above steps according to your devices and start using your projector.
I hope it helps you, but let us know in the comments below if you have any questions.